If you are a poor college student like me, then you are most likely always trying to take short cuts and save the little money you have. No need to worry any longer because there are great tips I have discovered that help out.
Food is the most important thing to me here in college. I must have that brain energy. If you want to eat super cheap, I have 2 important words for you. Ramen noodles.
Forget the bottled water habit and just drink good ol’ tap water. You will be surprised at how much money you save.
If you drink alcoholic beverages, then pre game before you hit the bars, a.k.a hit up other people’s parties and drink for free.
Renting textbooks is much cheaper and easier.
You will save a lot of gas if you bike, walk or skate around town. But, if you do not do any of those you can always carpool.
Ladies, just skip the nail the salon and have a girls night in and paint each other’s nails.
Join an intermural sport. It is free exercise and you will meet friends.
Many college towns have blood and plasma donation centers. You could earn up to $200 a month by doing this.
If you follow these tips then you will have more spending (saving money) and not to mention, your parents will be happy too!
This past weekend I visited Lubbock, Texas for the Tech vs. OSU football game. (We killed them 66-6.) If I learned anything this weekend, it was that Tech fans are not the most down to earth people. I think I had a sign on my back that said,” Harass this girl,” just because I go to OSU. So, here is a heads up of what NOT to do if you visit Lubbock for a football game.
1) Do NOT wear your school color(s) to the game. Especially, if your team is predicted to murder them. I was smart enough this weekend to wear black, which is a neutral color. I saw my fellow Pokes wearing orange and they were bullied like it was nobody’s business.
2) Do NOT get a Dr. Pepper shootout drink at the local bar, Chimy’s. This special drink tastes like pure Dr. Pepper with no alcohol added; when there is actually a TON. If you plan on not wanting a hangover, do not give into this craze.
3) Do NOT give a homeless person any cash because 9 out of 10 are going to just buy booze or drugs with it. And you will most likely see this purchase happen.
4) Do yourself a favor and bring a shield for your eyes while going out at night because you WILL get dust in your eyes. They do not call it the dustbowl for no reason!
5) Do NOT eat at Fuzzy’s taco shop. You WILL get sick and you WILL hate your life.
If you follow these rules while visiting Lubbock you will be golden.
Peace, Love and Go Pokes!
As soon as the new iPhone 4S was released I had to go get it. Yes, I was in deed one of those crazy people who waited in line for this thing as soon as it hit stores. After retiring from my old iPhone 3, I am extremely satisfied with my new iPhone. Here is some information about why you should buy one too!
A few reasons why I love the iPhone 4S is that the camera is new and improved into a 8-megapixels. Why even carry a digital camera anymore when your phone can be just as great and have a LED flash? Not to mention its slim and gorgeous body, but it also has unlimited data, retina display and tons of accessories displayed. But, the top reason why I love the new iPhone 4S is because the handy Google voice application. Anytime I have a quick question from anything to weather or restaurant reviews, my voice app is right there, ready to use at the touch of a button. Sometimes I have a little too much fun with it and ask it awkward questions. Lets just say I am easily entertained.
Overall, the iPhone 4S is the best thing that has ever happened to me. This is my pride and joy and I have absolutely no complaints about it. Well, maybe the price but it was worth every dollar that I spent. I guarantee that you will love it too!